Apple Reveals iPhone 5S | iPhoto, iMovie, Pages and iOs7
The iPhone 5S makes use of a radically re-engineered new chipset, called A7. Based on 64-bit architecture for the first time, the new iPhone 5S is said to be up to 56 times faster than the original iPhone. iOS 7 is now a 64-bit OS, but it’s backward compatible with all the currently available 32-bit apps.
Apple says the new chip makes the iPhone 5S five times faster than the iPhone 5 and 56 times than the original iPhone. The A7 chip supports OpenGL 3.0/ES Version 3.0 for console-level 64-bit graphics. The coming game Infinity Blade 3 will be one of the first games to take advantage of the upgrade to deliver improved graphics.
– 8MP camera
- The new camera has a wider f/2.2 aperture (as opposed to f/2.4) and a larger image sensor.
- There is also a new double LED flash on the iPhone 5S, which Apple has dubbed True Tone, called this way because it allows to achieve more accurate colors tone.
- The camera also comes with new image stabilization, albeit digital one.
- The camera will also captures 720p videos at 120fps, allowing it to create slow-mo videos.
- As rumors suggested, the new iPhone 5S will indeed sport a touch sensor embedded into the Home button. It’s a security feature and it’s called Touch ID.
- It supports multiple fingerprints and since it recognizes the owner, it can allow you to make purchases from the iTunes store, for instance, without the need to enter your password.
- A metallic ring around the sensor detects a present of a finger even without pressing anything.
- The iPhone 5S will offer 10 hours of 3G talk time, up to 250h of standby, up to 40h of music playback.
- The new iPhone 5S will be available in black, golden and grey colors.
- Battery life is rated as follows: 10 hours 3G talk, 8 hours 3G browsing, 10 hours LTE or Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hours video playback, 40 hours music playback and 250 hours standby.
Apple is injecting a little more color into its flagship phone as well: The iPhone 5S will be available in white, black and now champagne gold as well. That marks a change from previous generations, which were available only in white and black. The iPhone 5S will go on sale Sept. 20 in nine countries: the U.S., Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore and the U.K. Like previous generations, it’ll come with 16, 32 or 64GB of storage for $199, $299 and $399, respectively – as long as you sign a two-year contract with your wireless carrier (T-Mobile’s installment pricing may be a little different). By December, Apple plans to be selling the iPhone 5S in 100 countries on more than 270 carriers. Apple will also offer dyed leather cases for $39 each.