Porsche® Carrera® GT Quick Data
Powered by using a 558-horsepower naturally aspirated V-10 engine and in line with a racecar-sort chassis, the mid-engine Porsche® Carrera® GT is a prototype for a supercar that could possibly go into limited production by 2003.
In both design and construction, the Carrera GT roadster is in accordance with pure racing know-how. The design attracts on basic Porsche racecars for notion, particularly the 718 RS® Spyder of the early Sixties. The all-new in most cases aspirated V-10 engine, six-velocity handbook transmission with racing-kind take hold of and the suspension and brakes owe little to present Porsche highway vehicles. The physique, made primarily from carbon fiber, ensures excessive stress, passenger security and low weight.
The V-10 engine displaces 5.5 liters and produces 558 horsepower (410 kW) and 442 lb.-toes. (600 Nm) of top torque, enough to propel the two,755-lb (1,250 kg) Carrera GT from zero-sixty two mph (zero-one hundred km/h) in lower than 4 seconds, zero-one hundred twenty five mph (zero-200 km/h) in below 10 seconds and to a prime observe pace of over 205 mph (330 km/h). A dry-sump oil gadget ensures dependable and constant oil provide and force at excessive engine speeds and all through excessive cornering forces.
The bottom impact physique design actually pulls the automobile to the highway at excessive speeds for steadiness and security, and the rear wing extends at speeds over seventy five mph (one hundred twenty km/h) to generate stabilizing rear downforce. Aluminum and leather-based dominate the inner, and the few concessions to “luxurious” embrace air-con, a stereo machine and energy home windows (which weigh not more than handbook home windows).
The racing-sort seats do with out energy adjusters to avoid wasting weight. Distinctive adjustable knee and leg helps grasp the motive force and passenger firmly in place. The instrument panel makes use of a shade TFT reveal to show three ranges of knowledge, relying on the motive force’s desires.
- • Roadster, two seats
- • Carbon fiber building
- • Mid-hooked up engine
Power machine: Rear-wheel power
- Engine: V-10, generally aspirated
- Displacement: 5,500cc
- Horsepower: 558
- Top torque: 442 lb.-feet.
Wheelbase: 179.four in. / four,556 mm
- Size: 106.three in. / 2,seven-hundred mm
- Peak: forty seven in. / 1,192 mm
- Wheel diameter: F: 19 in. / R: 20 in.
- F: 265/30 R 19
- R: 335/30 R 20
Curb weight: 2,755 lbs. / 1,250 kg
- zero-sixty two mph (zero-a hundred km/h) < four.zero sec.
- zero-124 mph (zero-200 km/h) 10 sec.
- High observe velocity 205+ mph (330+ km/h)
Key automobile options
- • All-alloy 5.5-liter V-10 engine with dry-sump lubrication, double overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder and variable valve timing
- • Carbon fiber physique/chassis development
- • In depth use of light-weight supplies
- • Floor-impact aerodynamics
- • Retractable rear spoiler
- • Bi-xenon headlights
- • LED (gentle-emitting diode) directional and brake lights
- • Double wishbone entrance and rear suspension
- • Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)™ device with eight-piston monoblock entrance calipers and 4-piston monoblock rear calipers
- • Traction keep watch over
- • Aluminum/leather-based instrument panel and inside trim
- • LCD instrument monitor
- • Unique knee and facet bolstering gadget for driver and passenger
- • Leather-based-lined telescoping three-spoke guidance wheel
- • Travel laptop
- • Local weather keep watch over
- • Energy home windows
- Mid-engine roadster, rear-wheel power
- • Carbon-fiber chassis/physique with metal reinforcements
- • Two seats
- • Floor-impact design
- • Retractable rear stabilizer wing
- • Twin built-in rollbars
- • Bi-xenon headlights (xenon for high and low beams)
- • Neon flip indicators and brake lights
- • V-10, in most cases aspirated
- • sixty eight levels between cylinder banks and seventy two-stage crankshaft
- • All-alloy development with Nikasil cylinder linings
- • Titanium connecting rods
- • Dry-sump lubrication
Displacement 5,500 cc (335 cu. in.)
- • Double overhead camshafts
- • 4 valves per cylinder
- • Variable valve timing on consumption valves
- Horsepower 558
- Torque 442 lb.-feet.
- Max. engine pace eight,200 rpm
- • Six-velocity guide
- • Three-plate carbon grab
- • Traction keep an eye on
- • Engine oil tank built-in into transmission housing
- Carbon-fiber monococque with metal reinforcements
- • Impartial double wishbone entrance and rear
- • One coil spring and coaxially organized gasoline-force shock absorber per wheel
- • Particular person adjustment of the wheel springs and anti-roll bars
- • Rear suspension fingers pivot from engine block
- • Rear spring/shock devices operated via pushrods
- • Rear anti-roll bar pivots on transmission housing
- Energy assisted rack-and-pinion
- Cast gentle alloy with imperative bolt
- Entrance: 265/30 R 19
- Rear: 335/30 R 20
- • Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
- • Eight-piston aluminum monoblock (one-piece) entrance calipers
- • 4-piston aluminum monoblock (one-piece) rear calipers
- • 14.ninety six-inch (380 mm) discs with involute (spiral) inside cooling passages
- Wheelbase 106.three in. / 2,seven hundred mm
- Size 179.four in. / four,556 mm
- Top forty six.9 in. / 1,192 mm
- Width seventy five.four in. / 1,915 mm
- Observe, entrance sixty three.eight in. / 1,620 mm
- Observe, rear sixty one.eight in / 1,570 mm
- Gasoline tank 24 gal. / ninety liters
- zero-sixty two mph (zero-one hundred km/h) zero-124 mph (zero-200 km/h) 10 sec.
- Prime observe pace 205+ mph (330+ km/h)